The best margarita recipes EVER + happy national margarita day!
Bring on the trumpets and the mariachi band, because today is NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY!!!!!!! I mean, maybe I should have made a piñata to celebrate such an occasion!
I love Mexican food and I love margaritas. Two facts that you must know about me…..so today I am so excited to bring on National Margarita day and celebrate! 🙂
ANNNNNNNDDDD because dreams always have to start someplace, I also shot a little video to highlight our LEMON BLUEBERRY marg recipe! It’s a little visual step-by-step that I hope you all love as much as I loved putting it together! 🙂
So grab those ingredients and make some amazing margaritas! We have two recipes (blueberry lemon and blackberry basil) and then a roundup of a few of my other faves listed below! 🙂
HAPPY MARGARITA DAY FRIENDS! Cheers (and pass the guac) 🙂
Blueberry Lemon Margarita Recipe | YUM YUM YUM | *from video above
1 pint of blueberries
1/3 c. sugar
1.3 c. water
lemon essential oils (I use young living…you can sub with lemon juice and zest if you want)
lemonade (I used sparkling Trader Joes brand, SO PERFECT for this recipe)!
- Blueberries, sugar and water go into a saucepan. Heat on medium for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and pressing berries against the sides to open and squish out all of the goodness 🙂
- Pour mixture through a tight weave strainer (you don’t want those weird blueberry skins in your drink, ew). Push it through and get all of the flavorful, mushy goodness out. Should yield about 2 cups of berry mixture. Chill in refrigerator
- Add 5-7 drops of Lemon essential oils (make sure you can ingest the particular brand that you choose to use) or sub for 2 tbs of lemon juice and some zest to add a load of lemony-flavor
- Combine 2 tbs of berry mixture, 1 oz (or 1 shot) of triple sec, 1 oz (or 1 shot) of tequila, and 4 oz (or about 2 cups) of lemonade. Stir, drink and repeat! 🙂
Blackberry Basil Margarita Recipe | YUMMMMMY! 🙂
1 container of blackberries (about 1.5 cups)
1/3 c. sugar
4 c. water
a bunch of fresh basil leaves
optional berry flavored lacroix water
- Blackberries, basil leaves (you can break them up off stems), sugar and water go into a sauce pan. Heat on medium for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and pressing berries against sides to open and squish out the juice and goodness!
- Pour mixture into a tight weave strainer. Should yield about 4 cups of mixture (give or take). Chill in refrigerator.
- Combine 1 1/2-2 cups of berry mixture in a glass, along with 1 oz (or 1 shot) of tequila, 1 oz (or 1 shot) of triple sec.
- you can add in the optional berry flavored lacroix water if you want to thin it our add some pizzaz! I find that letting the ice melt as your drinking is perfectly fine! 🙂
Also, here are a few other faves that have made their place in my “marg recipe book”! 🙂 (don’t you also have a marg recipe book?!??! Because if you don’t , you SHOULD NOW)! 🙂
Pineapple Coconut Margarita | This helps you pretend that you are on a beach loving life
Peach Margarita | YAY
The best Classic Marg ever! 🙂 | I’m not lying!
Comments are closed.