The cutest birthday cake box SVG file freebie!
I have REALLY been into making paper boxes these days – ok, well Esther has been also into it with me. There’s something so happy about handmade paper boxes with special treasures inside of them! SOOOO, I ask you, why not make a paper box that is specifically for birthdays?!?! Today, I give you the FREE SVG FILES to make your very own birthday cake paper box to put, well…..anything in it….cake, treats, gift cards, or even just lots of little notes of love for that special birthday someone! 🙂
You will also want to be sure that you jump to the bottom of this post to find a whole LOAD of more free Birthday SVG files that some designer friends and I are sharing! 🙂
This birthday cake paper box is SIMPLE to make and I have all of the SVG files right here for you (so download these and get started):
Other MATERIALS you will need are:
- Cardstock in your desired colors (the brighter, the better IMO)
- Any additional embellishments you’d want to add (name tags, birthday candles, etc)
- Your Cricut machine (or other fave cutting machine)
- Cricut cutting blade + Cricut scoring tool
- Glue (of any kind to put the box together)
- Fun goodies to put inside the box (with lots of love of course) 🙂
- Upload the SVG files into your Cricut design space
2. Make sure to do these steps in the Cricut design space for BOTH the top and bottom of the box:
- Import your design and add it to a canvas
- In the canvas, on the right hand side (under layers) you can expand the image (it may look solid black to begin with). Select the main box layer and in the upper left, be sure the “operation” is set to “basic cut” (and you can make it white or transparent instead of black so you can see things better).
- Then select the other folded layers by highlighting them and then in the upper left, be sure the “operation” is set to “score”.
- The last thing you need to do is highlight ALL the layers and then go to the bottom right and click “attach”
3. Make sure you have a Cricut blade and a Cricut scoring tool in your machine. Then proceed to cut + score your material according to the thickness of the materials you’ve selected! 🙂
4. Once each piece is cut out, begin by folding (and creasing) the folded edges inward on the bottom and top cake pieces. Then glue the tabs towards the inside of each of the sides of the top and bottom! 🙂
5. Add your sprinkles or any other embellishments and then FILLLLLLL it up with love for your special birthday someone! 🙂
And be sure to check out these other incredible designers and their FREE Birthday SVG files below! 🙂Happy Birthday Cake Sketch/ Foil Quill Design by Persia Lou Cactus Cupcake Topper by Amy Robison Happy Birthday Cake Topper by Crafting Overload Birthday Emoji Mini Pinata by Studio Xtine Calories Don’t Count on Your Birthday by Polka Dotted Blue Jay Birthday Cake Paper Box by Oh Yay Studio Cupcake Gift Card Holder by Gina C. Creates Birthday Wine Glasses by Pen + Posh Birthday Girl + Birthday Boy by Kayla Makes Happy Birthday Topper by Poofy Cheeks Happy Birthday Print and Cut Card by Crafty Life Mom Birthday Hat by Me and My Inklings Birthday Wishes by Liz on Call Multi-Colored Birthday Card by The Bearded Housewife Here for the Cake by Sunshine and Munchkins Wish Big by Lettered by Stephanie Gift Tag Shaker by Craftara Creates Unicorn Birthday Card by Spot of Tea Designs Made in the 80’s by Simply Made Fun It’s My Birthday by Tried & True Creative
Comments are closed.