A neck tie is one of the most quintessential Father’s Day images + ideas! SOOOO, of course I had to make it a little more “special” for Aaron to wear this Father’s day…..the kids decided on “Raddest Dad” (Esther is into rhyming these days)! ANNND I am sharing just how simple it is to upcycle an older necktie from his closet using an SVG file (along with a whole heap of other Free Father’s day SVG files by a handful of other talented designers! 🙂
This project is an awesome way to upcycle an older/unworn necktie…..so, the first step is to have the kiddos go on a mission to sneak into Dad’s closet and grab one that he hasn’t worn or isn’t super special (trust me, there are ALWAYS some near the back of the closet).
- An old/unworn necktie to upcycle
- Your fave color of HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl)
- A weeding tool
- Iron or heat press
- Cricut or your fave cutting machine
- The SVG cut file (download HERE)
- And then of course a handwritten note or tag to attach to the gift 🙂
- Grab your necktie and measure the width + approx. length that will be shown when tied on his neck (guestimate for this….our measurements were about 3.5″ at the widest and I guessed about 14 inches would be MAX that would be shown).
2. Download the “Raddest Dad” SVG file HERE!
Upload into your fave cutting software and resize to fit your necktie dimensions (with our guestimated 14 inches, I had the wording just under 12 inches long…..I didn’t want to have it take up the WHOLE space, I wanted some edging)
**note: Be sure to “weld” or attach all of the lettering together before cutting so that it cuts in one chunk rather than individual lettering.
3. Weed your design and place it on your necktie in the spot you want it. Then heatpress or iron into place! 🙂
4. Make a card or cute tag for your Father’s Day Gift! 🙂
ANNNND be sure to check out these other amazing FREE Father’s Day SVG files from these talented designers below:I’m not a Regular Dad, I’m a Cool Dad – Persia Lou World’s Greatest Pop – Amy Robison Best Dad Ever – Crafting Overload Rad Like Dad – Studio Xtine “DAD” tools – Polka Dotted Blue Jay Raddest Dad Tie SVG – Oh Yay Studio All-star Dad – Gina C. Creates Dad keeps it reel – Gina C. Creates Baseball Dad – Pen + Posh My Dad and I – Poofy Cheeks Best Dad Ever – Poofy Cheeks Dad’s Workshop – Crafty Life Mom Reel Cool Dad – Liz on Call Golf Cart Box Card – The Bearded Housewife Ask your mom – The Walnut Street House Best Dad Ever Cake Topper – Sunshine and Munchkins Dad Joke – Tam’s Sweet Life Father’s Day Coloring Sheet Created With Cricut – Spot of Tea Designs Gamer Dad Cut File – Simply Made Fun Father’s Day Chocolate Bar Wrapper – Tried & True Creative