One of the best combos with creamy banana custard, chewy peanut butter cookies and the added touch of chocolate chips and chocolate dip! :)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together.
3. Add eggs in one at a time, beating well in between
4. Add baking soda, powder and vanilla
5. Stir in flour
6. Roll into tbs size balls. I was able to fit 8 on a baking pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes and then let cool
8. In a glass dish, heat up your almond bark for 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir between each interval until smooth and creamy.
9. Dip the cookies in the almond bark. I chose to dip them 1/2 way in so that the cookie part was still “exposed”
1. In a small pot, simmer cream, sugar, and salt until the sugar and salt dissolves (approx 3-5 min).
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the 6 egg yolks until combined
3. When the mixture on the stove is ready, add about 1/3 of this hot mixture to the whisked egg yolks whisking constantly as to not curdle the yolks. Then whisk the yolk mixture back into pot with cream. Return the pot to the stove, add in the vanilla and keep on stove until the mixture reaches about 170 degrees (or thick enough to coat the back of a spoon)
4. Strain the hot mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl.
5. Puree or blend the bananas, 2 tbs sugar, splash of lemon juice and pinch of salt until perfectly smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup milk or cream or buttermilk into the pureed banana mixture and then add to the strained ice cream base. Place the mixed based fridge for 4 hours or until perfectly chilled! :)
5. Churn in your ice cream maker according to the machine’s instructions. then put back into freezer and freeze until desired hardness
1. Scoop some banana custard onto the cookie, top with another cookie and then roll the edges in mini chocolate chips! :) YUMMMMM!
2. The assembled sandwiches can be put back into the freezer on a pan for up to 2 days! :)
3. Put some extras on a plate and bring some to your neighbors to share the love! :)
Peanut Butter cookie recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen soft PB cookie recipe